Welcome. Thank you for your interest in the Mazda Foundation (USA), Inc. Grant applications are by invitation only; there is no open application period.
Grant Guidelines - Qualifications / Restrictions
The Mazda Foundation primarily awards grants to organizations located in markets where Mazda has offices (Irvine, CA; Bridgewater, N.J.; Oakbrook Terrace, IL; Houston, TX; and Huntsville, AL).
The Mazda Foundation awards grants to programs promoting:
- Education and literacy
- Environmental conservation
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Social welfare
- Scientific research
The Foundation does not support:
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
- Fundraising dinners or events
- Capital building, endowment, or debt reduction drives
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) designations
- Requests in foreign countries
Grant Application Process
Grant applications are by invitation only; there is no open application period.
Organizations that have been invited to submit a grant application and have not recently received funding from the Mazda Foundation may also be asked to submit a formal proposal. Additionally, a meeting between Mazda Foundation officers and the organization may be scheduled.
The formal proposal should include:
- Verification of Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Mission statement of the organization
- Purpose and objectives of the proposed program
- Detailed outline of the project accompanied by an implementation schedule
- Proposed budget for the project
- Plans for evaluating program accomplishments
- Most recent financial statements
- Names and affiliations of Trustees of Board of Directors
- List of major contributors
The Foundation Board of Trustees make their final decisions on grant proposals in December at their annual meeting. Organizations are notified of their status in December/January.
Please understand that we are unable to fund every program or organization that requests our aid. This is in no way a reflection on the worthiness of your organization or cause.
We sincerely appreciate all the good work you’re doing.